Hello everyone, and welcome to September! For me it’s a great month. I love when the weather cools down a little, and our anniversary is tomorrow so that’s always a good time to celebrate. Plus, if you’re visiting Disney it’s a great time of year to go! We went in September two years ago for our honeymoon and loved it. The parks were empty and no lines for anything. Hope your September will be magical!
Disney in your Day news
Lots of exciting news for the blog! First of all, we just finished our first giveaway. Congratulations to Monique Brown Phelps for winning! I hope you enjoy your prize! And for everyone else, don’t fret, because there will definitely be more giveaways to come. I have a few pretty exciting ones lined up, so stayed tuned!
A lot of you mentioned that you like seeing craft projects and recipes, so expect a lot more of those posts. I’ll also be keeping you up to date with theme park news and sharing theme park related posts, including planning tips and visiting Disney on a budget. I have some friends in the parks right now or visiting soon that are going to share their thoughts on Magic Bands, so if you’re curious about that then we’ll have some info to share. And now that the fall season is starting I also want to share seasonally related things. Have any photos of Disney themed autumn decor? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to be featured!
Finally, I have a really exciting project I’m working on that I plan to get up the first week of October. It’s something for the holiday season and I think you all will love it! I can’t reveal anything yet, but I can’t tell you how excited I am about it! So for those of you that like crafts, Christmas, and giveaways, this new project/column will debut in October!
If anyone is interested in doing a guest blog post about something, send me an email at email@example.com. If I think it will fit in with the blog I’d be more than happy to feature you!
Here’s some of the most exciting things that have been going on with Disney in the past month:
- Magic Bands are becoming much more prevalent in the parks – we’ll be bringing you the inside scoop soon!
- The trailer for Frozen, Disney’s next animated feature, has been released
- Disney Infinity was released and has gotten mostly positive reviews so far, especially from fans (look for a post with my first thoughts in the next week or two!)
- Planes was released, but received negative reviews from critics and mixed reviews from the general audience – I haven’t seen it yet to bring you my thoughts.
- One of Disney World’s most beloved restaurants, California Grill, is open for reservations again – I’ll be visiting in February!
- If you haven’t seen it already, check out this indiegogo campaign – a woman is trying to raise money for her sister to have a Disneyland wedding, which they can’t afford after the fiance was in a terrible car accident. It’s one of the most moving love stories you’ll ever see, and if we all donate a few dollars we can make their dream come true!
Other Disney Blogs
There are so many great Disney blogs out there on the interwebz, so I wanted to share some of my favorite postings from the past month with you all!
This was actually posted in July, but it’s one of the greatest posts I’ve read over on Disney Food Blog. Guest blogger Ben shares his love for the citrus swirl, and I couldn’t agree with him more! His writing is hilarious so if you need a good laugh, check it out!
Running Happily Ever After just shared what the 2014 Disney marathon medals look like. I won’t be getting one of these, but I can’t wait to see the Enchanted 10k medal since I’ll be doing that in February!
I think Melissa Sue over at Mouse on the Mind might be just a little bit excited about the Food and Wine festival, because she’s been doing a weekly countdown of what she’s looking forward to! I wish I was going with her to try all that great sounding food!
I was excited to find This Happy Place Blog‘s Muppet Monday features. They’re counting down to the new Jim Henson biography, and you can learn some interesting Muppet facts from their posts!
My Disney Devotional has an interesting series about their favorite Disney things. Though Ellen’s Energy adventure wouldn’t make my list, I like reading about what they like and why.
What do you think was the most exciting Disney related news from the past month?