Personally, October was a crazy month for me! I started a new job and the theater production that I’m in opened in mid-October. Lots of positive things have been happening, and I think November will continue the busy yet good pattern. I’m looking forward to Thanksgiving – a time to spend with family and to appreciate all that I have in life. Plus, after Thanksgiving is the start of the Christmas holidays for me! Though of course, Disney’s Christmas celebrations will start even sooner this month. It just gets me even more excited for my trip down there in December!
Disney in your Day News
We are going to continue to feature Etsy shops from our Disney Holiday Gift Guide. There are still lots of great items to check out, so stay tuned for that! We’ll also have a few related giveaways coming up so I know you’ll want to participate in those two! Our two October giveaways, for a Rock City Skirt and some Disney art from Kathleen McCready, were big successes. And we now have over 500 facebook fans, which is incredibly exciting! Our restaurant tournament of the Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios restaurants was completed, with Be Our Guest as the victor.
This past month we also joined with Mouse on the Mind and This Happy Place blog for a game of Refurb, Marry, Kill – something we plan on playing again this month! I’m also hoping to do some Thanksgiving related posts. It can be a neglected holiday at times, but there are definitely ways to bring Disney into your Thanksgiving celebrations – not to mention taking the time to be thankful for all of the wonderful things that Disney has to offer us!
If anyone is interested in doing a guest blog post about something, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If I think it will fit in with the blog I’d be more than happy to feature you!
Let’s talk about what’s going on with Disney recently!
- The new movie Frozen comes out on November 20th, but in the meantime you can start to meet two of the characters, Anna and Elsa, in the Norway pavilion in Epcot.
- What might be the biggest theme park related news is the new details we got about the soon to come Avatar Land to Animal Kingdom. While there wasn’t a lot of information, we saw some gorgeous concept art – and the exciting information that Animal Kingdom will be a nighttime park!
- For the Christmas season, the Jungle Cruise will get a Jingle Cruise makeover! I can’t wait to see that!
- Club Cool is bringing us new sodas – this was always one of my favorite locations, and I’m a little sad some of my favorites will be gone. But I’m excited to try the new stuff too!
- It seems like Magic Bands are going to be something for all Disney guests now. I was just offered them for my December trip!
Other Disney Blogs
My friend Melissa Sue at Mouse on the Mind actually got to meet Jodi Benson, the voice of Ariel. Reading about her experience is incredible – and I have to admit I’m a little jealous!
I’ve really been enjoying a series on the Disney Parks Blog – Wildlife Wednesdays. I’ve always been fascinated with Animal Kingdom and the animals there, and I love learning more about what goes on behind the scenes.
The Disney Food Blog did an article on quick service pasta options. As a big pasta lover, I was definitely interested in reading this!
What do you think the most exciting Disney news this month?