Sorry this round up is a little late – there were lots of other exciting posts I wanted to make sure I got out this week, like a Maleficent tutu and my review of the Maleficent movie! Lots of love going around for the evil fairy this week. It’s June, which means summer is starting soon! And it also means that very soon, Disney in your Day will be a year old! I’m sure we’ll try to have some fun posts and giveaways for that 🙂
It seems to me like there’s been a ton of news and interesting blog posts lately, so let’s get down to it!
Disney in your Day news
I know that last month I mentioned bringing back the restaurant tournament for resort restaurants – but there were so many great items in the running gear guide and other things happening that I didn’t get around to it. Hopefully for June! The running gear guide will still be posting items all this month and maybe into July, so make sure you check out our giveaways! I also start training for the Tower of Terror 10 miler run this week, so I’m going to post periodic updates about that for others who may be curious about the process of training for a Disney run.
- Changes are happening at the Polynesian! When work is complete it will be renamed the Polynesian Village Resort. The lobby is being redone (no more fountain), and perhaps most exciting of all, WDW will receiving its own version of Trader Sam’s the popular bar at Disneyland!
- An inaugural Castaway Cay Challenge was announced – if you complete an event during the WDW marathon weekend and then go on the cruise leaving January 12th and do the Castaway Cay 5k, you get a special medal. It’s already sold out for 2015 but if that interests you be on the lookout for it next year!
- In more Run Disney news, a Star Wars half marathon has been announced! It will take place at Disneyland in January. Registration begins next week.
- Disneyland has raised prices once again: a single day ticket is now $96 per person.
- There’s a new Disney on Ice show, and no surprise here – it’s Frozen! I’ll be seeing it when it comes to Philadelphia in December!
- The beloved treat Dole Whip will now also be available at Animal Kingdom – and there, you can get it topped with dark rum or coconut rum!
- A little bit of news on Pixar’s next film was announced: it’s called Inside Out, and will be featuring the voice work of Amy Poehler, Bill Hader, Mindy Kahling, and more.
Other Disney Blogs
Inside the Magic has the “trailer” for the new Cinderella live-action movie due out next year. It’s not much of a trailer, but I’m curious to see what the movie is like!
An interesting argument is made by the Federalist that Tangled is a far better movie than Frozen. Whether you agree or disagree, it’s worth a read!
This article 10 things you learn when you date a Disney fan made me laugh, because they are so true! I think my husband has mostly gotten used to it by now.
You can Build your Disney side over at the Disney Parks website: create your family decked out in Disney gear, and then order a free decal of it!
My Live Action Disney Project shares his review of Saving Mr. Banks, and has a great, detailed summary if you need a refresher!