Wow, we’ve reached 2015! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and a great start to your year. Christmas is my favorite holiday of all, but I have to say that my second favorite is probably New Year’s. I love the idea of starting fresh, and looking forward at all that will come in the next year! For me, 2015 holds two trips to Disney World and my very first trip to Disneyland, as well as two Disney half marathons that should earn me my coast to coast medal. I’m excited!
Disney in your Day News
The past year has been a good one for Disney in your Day, but I’m excited for all that is to come in the new year. December included lots of holiday themed posts, as well as my review of Into The Woods. In the immediate future you can expect more thoughts on Disney movies, as well as the end of the restaurant tournament. Plus, I want to roll out a new series, “Other theme parks,” featuring other places around the country that might be worth visiting when you can’t get to Disney. And I’ll continue with my Glass Slipper Challenge training until February, when I actually run the Glass Slipper Challenge!
- Due to how hugely popular it is, Be Our Guest will start offering breakfast. I can’t wait to try it!
- A longer trailer for Pixar’s new film, Inside Out, has premiered, and it has me super excited for this movie!
- I’m loving the looks of some of this attraction themed merchandise for It’s a Small World, Radiator Springs, Grizzly River Run, and California Screamin’.
- Bob Iger gave us a look into what to expect in the new Avatarland section of Animal Kingdom park.
- Speaking of Animal Kingdom, hyenas will be added to the safari – presumably in preparation for a nighttime safari once the park extends hours.
- A lost Disney film featuring Oswald has been found called Empty Socks – part of it is missing, but it’s pretty great to unearth something like that.
Other Disney Blogs
I love the Animal Kingdom Lodge, and really enjoyed reading about Eating WDW’s time at the Victoria Falls Lounge. Sounds like a wonderful evening!
Mouse on the Mind shared the Frozen Experience, that turned a mall into a little Frozen paradise. Looks very cool!
If you’ve got a car on your trip to the World, Fairytales and Fitness explains the benefits of stopping by the Disney outlets!
This video is hilarious: over at Cosmopolitan, watch a little girl give Gaston a piece of her mind.
This is perfect for those preparing for a trip: the Disney Parks Blog offers free Disney vacation countdown printables.
The Disney Food Blog reviews lunch at Spice Road Table, and I’m excited to see they have full size entrees now and not just small plates!